Skip to main content

Colors and Rompers in April...Oh My!

April is always blooming with color in the Pacific Northwest.  
And, I decided to add some flowers to my wardrobe.



I've never been too sure about rompers, but after seeing Nikki from Seems like Style  wear them for the month of March, I decided to give one a try.

This is the Megan Romper by Made for Mermaids.  
My hip measurements fall outside M4M's measurements, but I really like the look of it.  So, I decided to grade it out myself.  To be honest, I don't know that I needed to.  Or really, I fit closer to it then I thought I do.  It's fairly roomy to begin with.  I also graded the top out just a little, but I absolutely shouldn't have.  In fact, I'll be taking the top in just a little.  

For my height adjustments I added an inch in the bodice, however I wanted it to hit me higher than my natural waist and fairly close to empire waist.  I tend to like how things look on me when they sit that high.  So, for the pants I added an inch in the rise so the pants would extend higher up as well.

As for the legs, I like my pants super LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG.  I always, and I do mean always make them too long the first time.  I didn't have a chance to hem them again before I took pictures.  Because I had to wear pants that were too short growing up, I tend to go for too long when I make my pants.  Who am I kidding...I don't tend to, I ALWAYS do.  



I found that when I put my romper on, I didn't care for the look of the elastic around the middle.  
So, I made a sash to tie around as a belt look.  I haven't attached it permanently, but I think I will because I'm thrilled with how it looks!



As for the fabric,  I saw this amazing bundle on a fellow sewer in the facebook world and had to have it.  

It is an amazing Double Brushed Poly Bright Coral and a Liverpool called Somerset. from Amelia Lane Designs.

Seriously in LOVE with Amelia Lane Designs!  Their Fabric and service is AMAZING!  If you haven't tried them, you absolutely should! 



As always, keep on coloring your world and breaking those rules!!

Comments