Skip to main content

Tags by Patterns for Pirates

2017 Holiday Freebies continue!

Day 3#


So many times I hand someone in my family a piece of clothing I’ve just finished for them, and they give me a confused look.  

So I get confused.  Is it ugly?  Do they not want it anymore?  Is it not going to fit?

No, my paranoia is completely off base.  

They just can’t figure out which way is the back.  I’ve taken to sewing in a small piece of fabric so they can ID which way is back.  It’s not terribly attractive, or cute.  

And, let’s face it; sewing clothing is all about the cute factor!

I don’t sew for someone to tell me it looks horrible.  So, I would rather the tag look cute too!

Because I don’t sell the clothing I make, this is the perfect answer to my family’s backward clothing dilema.

It’s also the solution if you have quite a few children who wear the same size and have the same shirt.


I tried these labels out on my friend’s four boy’s shirts.  They were getting ready to leave for paradise, I mean Hawaii and it’s so much easier to keep track of four boys in an airport if they all have the same shirt on!  So, as I was cutting out the HTV vinyl for the front of their shirts I decided to add a tag to the back inside hem so each boy could tell which shirt was theirs.  See, the oldest two boys wear the same size as do the youngest two.  This can lead to all out warfare in a house if one boy thinks the other has their shirt.


I used the “Size Georgeous”, “Size Brave”, “Size Perfect”, and “Size Strong”.  They are perfect for a set of boys (who I might add fit those descriptions perfectly!).

I do the same when we travel.  I have four kids, except in our family we have two girls and two boys. When we go on vacation we take matching shirts for every day of vacation.  To make it even more fun, three of my kids wear the same size shirt.
These tags are going to make my life SO. MUCH. EASIER!

So, grab your copies HERE and check out the blog post HERE


Comments