Skip to main content

Camera Strap by Patterns for Pirates

2017 Holiday Freebies are still coming!


I have been waiting for a new camera strap for years.  
I’m sure I could have found a pattern, but they always seemed so daunting. 
Nylon straps, sliders...if you don’t sew with those supplies on a regular basis it can feel a little overwhelming.

Have NO FEAR!  It’s so much easier than you think!


The tutorial calls for a 1/2” or 3/8” nylon straps.  My local Joann’s and Hobby Lobby didn’t have any.  So, I sent my husband to the dollar store.  That’s right, the dollar store. 

It looks fantastic!  
My daughter is 5’5” and it’s the perfect length for her if we shorten the straps a bit, and it fits me as well even though I’m 5’11”.  


I have to say as a side note though, that I barely got the 1/2” nylon strap through my camera.  I really should have gotten a 3/8”. I found some nylon strap on Amazon in that size (sorry, no link).  And, I’m fairly certain you could find a cat collar in that size as well.  The 1/2” was too big for my daughter’s camera.

So, word to the wise....make sure you measure where you insert your strap before you sew your camera strap or you may be sad.

Other than that, I am absolutely thrilled with my camera strap and will be making more as gifts!

You can pick up the pattern piece for the vinyl HERE.

And you can read the tutorial on how to make it HERE.


Comments