Skip to main content

Tester: Neapolitan Tee

I’m always on the look out for the perfect shirt, and the designer who takes their time making sure everything is perfect.

A friend of mine has tested for Max & Meena before and has talked about how she takes her time making sure everything fits correctly in every size.  And, I had the opportunity to be added to the testing for the Neapolitan Tee testing towards the end of the process.  And it’s true.  
Jamie at Max & Meena made sure everything was perfect!  
As someone who sews A LOT, I’m very grateful for her thorough process .  I know I can buy her patterns and get a pattern that has had the flaws worked out.  I can buy with confidence.


Now the shirt!

I have seen so many of these color blocked shirts around!  
I actually made two of them, but didn’t manage to get pictures of my other shirt.  


This is such a great sew!  I added 1” to the top of the bodice (right where the feet fabric meets the map fabric) and then 1.5” to the hemline.  I’m tall folks, and reason #1 that I sew is because I like for my clothes to fit me correctly and be long enough!  

The pocket was really easy to put on, as were the elbow patches.  How cute are they!?!


(I’m claiming no credit for the look on my face here.  I was just following my photographer’s instructions.  Just because she’s almost 16 and was saying things like “work it, work it...now point to your elbow and look amazed”  This must be my amazed look.  Ha!)

There are options as far as color blocking.  There is a solid shirt, a color block like I did; with two colors (not counting the sleeves), and a three color option where the bottom portion of the shirt is a different color as well!

The sleeves have options too!  Short, 3/4, long, elbow patches...OH MY!  

And the hem.....there are several options here as well.  
I prefer the tunic look.
However, you can make it a straight across hem (like a typical T-shirt) or a high-low look with the shirt straight in front and long in the back.
I love the variations that allow you to make it your own!


If you can’t make decisions....maybe...no never mind, you can make decisions.
 You NEED this shirt!
No really.  Just buy the pattern!  It’s so comfortable!  

I’ve made it out of both double brushed poly and the one pictured here which made out of cotton lycra.  I like the fit of both.

Don’t forget to get your pattern!!!




The fabric is from here:  
Affordable Fabric (You may have to request to join their facebook group.) https://www.facebook.com/groups/Affordablefabricsandmore/permalink/1577413899188819/

The fabric I used was purchased approximately a year ago.  However Affordable Fabrics runs similar fabrics fairly often.  


Until next time!

 Photo credit:  Miss. Opinionated Teen (Didn’t she do a good job?!?!?!) 

Comments