Skip to main content

Testing: Dill Pickles Tee

The males in my life are getting A LOT of love right now!

Pickle Toe Patterns is re-releasing their Dill Pickles Tee with so many options!

The pattern is on sale until Monday, September 18th!


 It's not just a regular tee anymore!  We're talking long sleeves, short sleeves (both with banded options!), shirt length or tunic length (again, with banded options...who needs to hem?!?!),  a kangaroo pocket which is ALWAYS a favorite in my house and hood options.  Hood options?  That's right, you can line the hood (I chose that option.  See below pictures), you can hem the hood or you can band the hood!  I LOVE options!  And I love that I can change up each shirt to look different!



To make it even better, this is a uni-sex pattern that has from size 2 to 22!  That means it'll fit up to my 15 year-old!

That's A LOT of sizes!  To be able to buy one pattern with that many options to fit that many kids is a STEAL!
It's also a GREAT beginner pattern.  
If you've been wanting to try sewing clothes this is a wonderful pattern to get your feet wet.  Your kids will thank you!
(No really, it'll happen.  and then you'll get silly pictures from them because they're so darn happy!)




This is a size 18, with 1.25 inches added at the hem band option because he is long in the torso.  We could have gotten away with a 16, however this kid grows like a weed and at the age of 10 is already almost 5'2".  I REALLY want it to last him awhile!




He LOVES the hood, he LOVES that the sleeves are long enough for him, and most of all, that Kangaroo pocket!  I tell you what, these kids of mine would wear something with a kangaroo pocket on it every day of the week if they could!  






I love how quick it was to put together!  Even top stitching everything, it was really fast.  I know the pattern reccomends top stitching, but it really does make a difference in the finished product.  Have questions on how to do that?  Feel free to leave a comment or message me on good ol' FaceBook.
 The pocket is a great size and will more than hold any animal he decides he may need to rescue...well most anyway.  






 Most of all though, I love that he likes it so much!  He's picky when it comes to his shirts and even though its been hot out until the last few days, he has wanted to wear these two long sleeve versions he has in his closet.  Looks like I'll have to make some short sleeves too!

See what I mean funny pictures?!  I have funnier ones, but I'm holding those hostage until he decides to get married some day.  Then they'll come out to see the light of day.  



Don't forget, the patter is on sale until Monday, September 18th!
Make sure to grab your copy!

You can get the pattern here:  https://pickletoespatterns.com/collections/boys/products/dill-pickles-tee?variant=40736876361


Cactus Fabric is from: http://www.prettyposhprints.com
Dark Blue Fabric is from: https://purpleseamstressfabric.com
Light Blue Fabric is from: www.Auroradesignfabrics.com





Comments