Skip to main content

A little Agnes in her life

My children spend just about as much time looking at fabric and patterns online as I do.
So, during a fast fingers sale at Pretty Posh Fabrics she asked for some of this Odette fabric.  I was a little shocked.  Normally she doesn't go for florals, but she asked so I bought it.

When it arrived I have to admit I wasn't too sure about it.  I wasn't terribly thrilled with the pattern of flowers.  She on the other hand was excited!  Unfortunately she was headed out the door to spend the week with cousins at the beach, so it sat on my sewing table staring at me.  I looked for patterns that called this fabric, and finally gave up until she got home.  That's when she said she saw Halla's Agnes dress with 3/4 sleeves (3/4 sleeves on EVERY single thing she or I sew for her).  

She quickly showered after getting home frome her beach trip and then promptly pulled everything out to cut out the dress.  She cut a size 8 with the knee length of a 26.  We could have done a 6, but she wanted it a tad more flowy.  We had it cut and sewn in about 2 hours.  Had I been cutting it would have been less, but she is learning and so she takes it diligently slow.

The Agnes is a great pattern!  I've never sewn a Halla pattern before, but I loved how the pattern had ruler and chest measurements on it.  She adores the dress.  She took it off to sleep, but put it right back on again.  I have a feeling she'll be making more of these (as will I, it looks amazing on her!)


Comments