Skip to main content

Long Time Coming

I'm Chaney. 

And, I'm a craftoholic.

I love vinyl.....
and other fabric (not just knits)...
I don't think that's a word.  But, I just made it one; and, I'm not at all ready to join a support group to rid myself of my crafting.  My overall very favorite crafting desire is sewing.  I'd say obsession, however I think obsessed may be a little too strong of a word (provided I don't have Facebook open...my personal opinion of Facebook is that it is useful for buying fabric and staying in touch with friends.  Note which I placed first).  

and hot glue in a pinch!  (It saved my rear this night!)
Besides sewing, I have been married for 16 years to a man who literally brings music into my heart.  We have four great kids, the oldest two of whom are quickly heading towards high school graduation.  I have found that sewing has brought me closer to my kids, particularly this summer as I have started sewing knit fabric in the last year.  The kids thoroughly enjoy the bounty that comes from my machines!  They also enjoy looking at patterns, fabric and even clothes at the store that they know I can make for them.  Who knew sewing could do all that?!  
Even my husband helps with the sewing!  Or perhaps it's that I spend enough time sewing that everyone knows where to find me and how to spend quality time with me....
Mr.P sewing his super hero cape to his old Sunday shirt.
The Music Man cutting fabric for me with his "manly" tool the carpenter square rather than my sewing tools.  I was so grateful for his help!

Why Twinkle Toes & Co.?  Truthfully, I started this blog years upon years ago.  Back when I had dancing toes all over my home (hence the Twinkle Toes).  My goal was to blog about my crafting/sewing endeavors.  I had four small children though.  My youngest was an infant at the time and I just couldn't pull it off.  Now, my youngest daughter is 8 and my oldest is 15.  So, the toes may not always be "Twinkling" anymore and rather loud obnoxious laughing toes; they'll always be my Twinkle Toes.

Comments