Skip to main content

Ugly Christmas Shirt

The Holiday Season is upon us! 

I have to admit that it's my favorite "season". I really enjoy giving gifts, thinking of others and just enjoying time with my family. Not to mention some of my all time favorite Christmas movies and Ugly Christmas Sweaters/Shirts.

When I was growing up, they were just something everyone wore. I remember my mom having so many of them, sweaters, vests; you name it and I'm pretty sure she had an Ugly Christmas version for the Holiday Season. 

Back then they weren't called 'Ugly Christmas Sweaters' like they are now. There weren't parties held in their honor, or prizes handed out for the ugliest version like there is today. It's probably a good thing because my mom would have won hands down. She really did have an extensive collection.

This year one of the Freebies from Patterns for Pirates is Ugly Christmas Sweater patterns! 
I have to admit I was a tiny bit excited...okay, A LOT excited! 

A Snowman, Tree Skirt and an Elf? Yes Please!

I only made a Snowman, and only a red shirt...because really, if we were going for a cute Christmas Sweater it would be on a white shirt. But, noooo. The goal is an Ugly Christmas shirt and Snowmen aren't typically red. 


So, I pulled out some ready to wear red shirts and went to town. The teen did ask that I add the sparkly ribbon as an embellishment on her snowman's hat., which I have to say that I really love. 

And, I happened to have snowflake buttons which lent themselves nicely for the snowman's face.


Over all, besides looking like he may be a bloody snowman, he turned out really cute. And, all of my kids are asking for a Snowman shirt of their very own.

Really, you can't go wrong with the Snowman, or either of the other options. Patterns for Pirates always does such a great job with their Holiday Freebies!

So, go grab the pattern and enjoy making all the Ugly Christmas Shirts you can!



Util next time,
~Chaney

Comments